8 Day Boat (u10) scallops
2 tsp. corn oil
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2-4 heads of baby greens cleaned and spun dry (mixed variety)
1 large shallot diced
2 Tbsp. citrus juice
3 Tbsp. sherry wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup very good quality olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Put the diced shallots in a bowl with the vinegar, citrus juice, salt and pepper. Allow this to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil.
3. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
4. Salt the 8 scallops on both sides and set aside.
5. Heat the 4 teaspoons of oil in a non-stick skillet until almost smoking hot.
6. Sear both sides of scallop until crusted golden. Remove to a pan with a rack (sprayed with oil).
7. Finish for 3-4 minutes in the preheated oven.