1 Shallow dish (long enough for salmon)
Grill (gas or charcoal)
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large bay leaves
- 1 2 1/2-3 lb skin-on salmon fillet
- Place all the brining ingredients in a shallow dish that is long enough to hold the salmon completely submerged. Place the salmon in the dish and cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Prepare the grill you are using. Whether it is a gas grill a charcoal grill or a grill plate you want the heat to be medium high. Remove the fish from the brine and pat dry.
- Grill with skin side down until the thickest part of the salmons temperature register 130 degrees. Gently turn the fish over and grill the top for another 1-2 minutes until it is 140 degrees at the thickest part. Serve over the hot corn succotash.