1 shallow pan
8 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" lamb T-bone chops
1 tsp. kosher salt
Cracked black pepper
For the Marinade:
4 cloves of garlic chopped
2 bay leaves chopped
1 bunch thyme chopped
1 bunch mint chopped
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
For the Mint Chimichurri (makes about 1 1/2 cups):
1 cup chopped mint
1 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. hot red pepper flakes (or to taste)
Salt to taste
1. In a shallow pan that will hold all of your chops, place all of the dry marinade ingredients. Pour in the liquid ingredients and add the t-bones. Message the dry ingredients into the meat as well as you can. Let marinate for at least 3 hours covered in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigeration at least a half an hour before you are ready to grill.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees
3. Using your hands, scrape the marinade of the meat as best you can. Salt the chops. Heat a grill plate brushed with olive oil over high until almost smoking hot.
4. Grill the lamb chops for about 1 minute then turn 1/4 turn and grill for another 1 minute, turn over and repeat that process.
5. Remove to a pan with a rack and finish in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
For the Mint Chimichurri:
1. Combine the mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and red pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Season to taste to taste with salt and add more red pepper (it should be quite hot).
2. Serve within a few hours; do not refrigerate.