1 shallow pan
- 8 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" lamb T-bone chops
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
For the Marinade:
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 bay leaves chopped
- 1 bunch thyme chopped
- 1 bunch mint chopped
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
For the Mint Chimichurri (makes about 1 1/2 cups):
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. hot red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
- In a shallow pan that will hold all of your chops, place all of the dry marinade ingredients. Pour in the liquid ingredients and add the t-bones. Message the dry ingredients into the meat as well as you can. Let marinate for at least 3 hours covered in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigeration at least a half an hour before you are ready to grill.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees
- Using your hands, scrape the marinade of the meat as best you can. Salt the chops. Heat a grill plate brushed with olive oil over high until almost smoking hot.
- Grill the lamb chops for about 1 minute then turn 1/4 turn and grill for another 1 minute, turn over and repeat that process.
- Remove to a pan with a rack and finish in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
For the Mint Chimichurri:
- Combine the mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and red pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Season to taste to taste with salt and add more red pepper (it should be quite hot).
- Serve within a few hours; do not refrigerate.