1 lightly-oiled shallow non-stick frying pan
1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. melted butter
2 wedge cut Granny Smith or Pippen apples
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 leaves fresh sage finely minced
4 Tbsp. good quality vanilla bean ice cream melted
1. Sift together flour, sugar and salt: set aside. In a blender, mix together eggs and milk. Add flour and blend until smooth. Add butter. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
2. Heat a lightly oiled shallow non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop batter into pan, using a 2 tbsp. portion for each crepe. Tip pan and rotate to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown both sides.
For the Sage Syrup:
1. While the crepe batter is resting, put sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool until just warm. Add sage and continue to cool.
1. Heat a grill plate on very high until just before smoking. Brush apples with a small amount of vegetable oil then sear turning one quarter turn for cross hatched grill marks. Grill both sides. Adjust heat to lower temp if grill gets too hot.
1. Fold warm crepe into a triangle, top with grilled apples and drizzle with sage syrup and melted ice cream.